Tim LaBelle – Head Coach
Coach LaBelle comes to us from Austin, TX where he worked full-time at Westlake Athletic & Community Center as their Program Director, was the Head Coach of the Boys’ Lacrosse Program at St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, TX and is in his second year as a Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Trainer with US Lacrosse’s Coaching Development Program.
In 2016 & 2017, Coach LaBelle coordinated and coached multiple boys’ teams at The Brine National Lacrosse Classic in Richmond, VA. His responsibilities included all logistics in scheduling and hosting tryouts, additional evaluations, coaching and traveling to Virginia in support of the teams.
Prior to coaching in Austin this past spring, LaBelle was an intricate part of Highland Park Youth Lacrosse where he led the team to The 2016 DFW Lacrosse League 5th/6th grade DIII City Championship.
While the JV/Varsity Head Coach for The Rockwall & Heath Lacrosse Program and the Director of Lacrosse Operations for their entire lacrosse program, LaBelle was honored with being unanimously voted the 2015 THSLL DII North High School Coach of the Year.
From 2012 through 2014, Coach LaBelle led two of his former teams (Stony Point 2011-2012 & Cedar Ridge 2012-2014) to the THSLL Central DII District Playoffs in each season and to the THSLL State Playoffs in 2014. In 2013 and 2014, LaBelle was voted as Coach of the Year in the DII Central District by his peers.
More notably, Coach LaBelle had a 100% high school graduation and college/university acceptance rate for his 5 senior classes from 2011-2015.
Also, because of his hard work and diligent focus in Central Texas, LaBelle has helped to produce dozens of THSLL Division II All-State, All-District and Honorable Mention award winners as well as several US Lacrosse Academic All-America nominees.
James Ashford – Assistant Coach
James Ashford is the proud husband to Jacqui Ashford and the father of five kids. James was blessed to grow up as the son of an Air Force officer. This meant he moved every 4 to 5 years. He considers this a blessing because in sports he was able to be coached by many different coaches, some good, some not so good, and some great. He played the majority of high school football in Nebraska and played college football for Mississippi State University as an inside linebacker. The coach that recruited James was fired after his freshman year and a new coach, Jackie Sherrill took the job. The difference between the two coaches was night and day. Jackie Sherrill brought with him some of the top position coaches and in one year took the team to a Bowl game in his first year. As a coach he models what he learned from his experience being coached. James considers coaching his ministry and believes that the time he has to spend with the athletes is a big responsibility, one he takes seriously.
James has experience in running youth football and travel programs. He was the original owner of the Oklahoma Thunder minor league football team in Tulsa, OK and created a travel football program that took Tulsa boys to many different states and won several National Championships.
Currently, he is the Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Defense) at Cascia Hall and an Assistant Coach for the Titan Lacrosse Program serving the metro Tulsa, OK area.
Adam Villio – Assistant Coach/Defense
As a top 200 recruit in high school,
- Three-time Football, Wrestling, and Lacrosse voted All-State in the VISAA
- Ranked “Top 200 Lacrosse Recruits” for
of 2010. class
- Three-year varsity lacrosse starting defensemen on the 2009 Virginia State Champion team.
- Red Cross certified to be a Life Guard & Water Safety Instructor
Connor Slattery – Assistant Coach/Midfield
- Coached for the Jr. Comets in Spring 2016 and helped lead the team to INLC semifinals.
- Lacrosse Coach Fall 2015-Present: Coaching youth lacrosse players in and around Tulsa in one-on-one lessons and players on 7th/8th grade and high school levels. Developing players new and returning to the sport and helping them to grow as players and as young men. Communicating and setting schedules with parents and players and learning about the individual players on the team and fitting their skill sets for success.
- Lacrosse Club Fall 2015-Present: Working with Club President to plan season schedule, practice schedule, attend university funding meetings, and helping with the development of other players. Attend team and league meetings to prepare for the season. Returning starter on the team and in freshman season was third on
teamin goals and fourth in points. Traveled to Dallas, Arkansas, and East Texas for games and got to see the lacrosse market in those areas.
- US Lacrosse Certified Level 1 Coach
- Played 3 years competitively in St. Louis at SLU High, junior year (2014) was state
runners up, senior year (2015) was state semifinalist. Played 2 years as defensivemidfielder and one year as offensive and man down midfielder.