Strength Development Program
Strength is a skill! There are far too many young athletes prematurely exposed to strength training programs that may not be designed with the athlete’s best interest. There should be a systematic long term approach toward teaching every fundamental component of strength. It must be understood that there are many forms of strength training. It is important to choose a program that is properly designed to help your athlete achieve their physical goals safely and efficiently. Separating scientific fact from marketing hype, Titan has designed strength training programs for virtually every sport for a wide variety of ages. There are basic concepts that must be the foundation of any strength training program.
These concepts are as follows:
- Train movements, not muscles.
- Train core strength before extremity strength.
- Build strength from the bottom up.
- In the beginning, focus on the development of all primitive movements. (Pulling, Pushing, Squatting, etc.)
- Progress from simple to complex training.
- Train to progressively overload muscle to force strength adaptation.
Flight School/Sports Armor for Volleyball
This session is a combined Flight School and Sports Armor program specifically designed to improve jumping mechanics and strength for volleyball players. The program will run for a full 8 weeks in June and July. Athletes can sign-up for the entire program or just the June or July sessions. Sibling discount available. Additional sessions may be available upon request.
Interested in a Sports Armor program specific to your sport? Contact the Titan staff.